Deputies gather on the third Tuesday of the month for a meeting to discuss and sometimes vote on issues of importance to the NSW Jewish community.
Our annual general meeting is held on the third Tuesday of August and effectively replaces the August plenum.
The plenum meetings usually include a presentation that is open to the public, ranging from an address by a government minister to a showcase of the Russian-speaking community. Recent topics include:
- NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian
- The longest-serving Jewish member of the Federal Parliament, Michael Danby
- The NSW Attorney-General discussing anti-incitement legislation
- Launch of the Jewish Suicide Prevention Strategy
- Expert panel on child protection
- Election forum for the Coogee electorate prior to the NSW election
- Tribute to past president Jeremy Spinak
- Discussion of religious freedom with former federal Attorney-General Phillip Ruddock
- Findings of the Gen17 Jewish community survey
Notifications for upcoming events will be on the homepage of this website and our Facebook page.