- Statement on the passing of Renee Geyer 17 Jan 2023
The Jewish Board of Deputies is saddened by the recent death of Renee Geyer, one of Australia’s most celebrated soul singers known for her distinctive, husky voice and passionate performances.
A celebrated artist who recorded with the music world’s most famous singers including Sting, Joe Cocker and Chaka Khan, Ms Geyer was nominated for many awards ...
- JBD Statement following meeting with NSW Premier – 12 Jan 2023 13 Jan 2023
The Jewish Board of Deputies had a constructive meeting with the Premier this afternoon.
During the meeting, we outlined to the Premier the hurt and offence to our community caused by his actions.
The Premier expressed deep remorse and contrition for his past actions and underlined his commitment to Holocaust education and fighting rising levels of antisemitism.
- Open Letter to the NSW Jewish Community from the Premier – 12 Jan 2023 12 Jan 2023
- Statement by the NSW JBD regarding the NSW Premier – 12 Jan 2023 12 Jan 2023
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are experiencing distressed or require support, assistance is available. Please contact JewishCare by calling 1300 133 660
NSW Jewish Board of Deputies President David Ossip and CEO Darren Bark said:
“We appreciate that the Premier personally reached out to the Jewish community this afternoon to express his deep and sincere regret about his poor choice ...
- Waverley pupil blows whistle on students’ ‘strong culture’ of antisemitism 9 Dec 2022
Josh Hanrahan and Mark Morri The Daily Telegraph December 8, 2022 Nazi salutes in corridors, teachers abused for their heritage and abuse hurled at members of the...
- $1 million reward for information into 1982 bombings of the Israeli Consulate and Hakoah Club 5 Dec 2022
On the first day of the Coronial Inquiry into Australia’s first terrorism cold case, the NSW Government has announced the reward for information leading to the conviction of those responsible has been increased to $1 million.
About 2pm on Thursday 23 December 1982, a bomb exploded directly in front of the Israeli Consulate in Westfield Towers ...