The NSW Jewish Board of Deputies is hiring for a newly created role, a Jewish Engagement Assistant.
This position is to provide administrative support to the Jewish Community Engagement Manager and the Public Affairs team more broadly. The Jewish Board of Deputies regularly interacts with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders including deputies, members, communal organisations and the various levels of government. This role will support the various forms of stakeholder engagement including research particularly around grant funding opportunities, compiling correspondence and arranging meetings. The Jewish Engagement Assistant will also assist the initiatives and programs of the JBD such as the Jeremy Spinak Young Leaders and the Public Affairs internship programs. Other administrative responsibilities will be to maintain parts of the JBD database and assist in the running of events as it relates to the work of the Public Affairs team.
- Provide administrative support to the Jewish Community Engagement Manager and the Public Affairs team including writing correspondence and coordinating meetings with stakeholders.
- Assist in the running of JBD Public Affairs events by creating guest lists and organising event logistics such as compiling run sheets and event briefs.
- Update and maintain critical aspects of the JBD database ensuring that contact details for Jewish communal organisations, JBD members and political stakeholders are accurate.
- Support the various JBD internship programs.
- Assist in the development and delivery of the Jeremy Spinak Young Leaders Program.
- Manage the logistical requirements for the Public Affairs Committee and Community Engagement Working Party including the timing of meetings, minute taking and other administrative tasks as required.
- Research on a wide range of topics including sources of grant funding for Jewish communal organisations.
Type of employment:
Your application should include a one-page cover letter, and your resume.
Applications close 3:00pm Friday, 2 October. For more information, or to apply, contact William Nemesh at [email protected]